TOGETHER~

TOGETHER~

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day TWENTY - 23 March 2013

Today is twentieth day in Wuhan, start of an early weekend again. For today, we will be going a one day Wuhan city tour. Firstly we take the bus ride to Hubei Province Museum. In the museum there are many halls with different artifacts and history records. The first hall we went is the exhibition of the tomb of Marquis ZengYi.

It had records of the things buried with Marquis ZengYi as well as the markings and design of the tombs and artifacts like the weapons. This had taught me the historical artifacts and a clearer view of what is the life was in the past when Marquis ZengYi dies.







The next hall is the exhibition of the origins of human. We see the different bones of our origins like Homo sapiens. We also see from there how the people lived their life.



For example, I see one of the exhibits as how the human start fire by rubbing two stones.

Also before I leave, I went to the hall where it shows the bowls and artifact from the different dynasty. The pattern and design of each bowl is different from each dynasty and means differently.



After the museum, we went to East Lake to explore. At the east lake, we spent not much time as we were all hungry and wants to go for lunch as soon as possible. We were brought to ShouYiYuan eatery, a place where it has the entire specialty in Wuhan. The first food we wanted to eat was the TangBao, which is our Singapore’s XiaoLongBao. The TangBao was so delicious that some of us ordered the second serving to be packet back to our bus. Also, a ‘must-try’ food is the HotDryNoodle (ReGanMian). Kenneth and I bought from different stalls and tried it to compare it. Both were nice but Kenneth’s ReGanMian was nicer because it was more fragrant and authentic. I also bought the green tea cake, rice cake, soymilk as well as takoyaki (octopus balls) and the fragrant squid skewer. It was a great and happy lunch for me! I hope that I could go back to this eatery again when I have free time. After lunch, we went to Yellow Crane Tower.



We have to walk up five levels to reach to the top of the tower. It was said that the Yellow Crane Tower was destroyed seven times and that rebuilt again and again. At the top of the tower, I could see nice sceneries of the city. These scenes cannot be normally seen in Singapore as all of you should know!


After Yellow Crane Tower, we went to explore the YangTze River. It was a short one that we were free to look around. We saw a lot of couples having their wedding photos taken there. We were bored that we mimic the couples in the funny way. We also took a lot of pictures, mostly unglam and retarded!

We were then bought back to the bus and went back to our hostel to rest for the day after dinner! The day ends with an early rest and preparation for the next day strawberry farm. J

No comments:

Post a Comment