TOGETHER~

TOGETHER~

Monday, April 8, 2013

Day TWENTYTHR33 - 26 March 2013

Today is the twenty-third day in Wuhan. We had our IS Presentation in the morning. I had listened to the other groups presenting and they were mostly discussing on the lifestyle in Wuhan comparing to Singaporeans’ lifestyle. There are many differences we can see such as the eating style and transportation. One obvious difference is that in Wuhan, the locals litter and spit anytime they want on the street while in Singapore, we will get fined if we do the same thing. My group and I did on the festivals in China which we used it to compare to Singapore’s festivals. Through this presentation, I learnt many things such as the history of some festivals and the tradition.

Also, I have learnt the different kinds to food and different traditions in the different festivals. For example, in QingMing festival, we eat cold food as we are not allowed to have fire in that day.

In the evening, we have a lecture on Fengshui. Through this lecture, I learn that there are different types of burial like cliff burial where the coffin is raised to be put in the caves of a cliff. This is very different from the normal burial practice we often see in Singapore which is cremation or soil burial. Besides that, we were also taught the different specialty in the different province. For example, in Wuhan which is the Hubei province, the specialty is the seafood especially fish. This is because Hubei or Wuhan is surrounded by sea where supplies of fresh seafood can be easily obtained.
The day ended where we went for dinner at street shops after the FengShui lecture and rest in our hostels! J

No comments:

Post a Comment