TOGETHER~

TOGETHER~

Monday, March 11, 2013

Day ONE - 4 March 2013


Today is the day I have been waiting for! The day where we leave Singapore for China, Wuhan to the Wuchang University of Technology for our Overseas Immersion Programme (OIP) where we will be doing a module on Forensic Science and a IS module of China Culture. I was so excited that I could not fall asleep the last night. I played Mahjong with my friends till 1am and continue using laptop till 5am where I get ready to leave house and go to Changi Airport Terminal 2. I meet my friends and classmates, waiting for checking in and going into the arrival hall. 9am is our flight, the first step of this trip!

The flight would be 6 hours long. As I did not have enough sleep, I tried to sleep in the plane. While trying to sleep, my lunch is here! It is omelette with sausage and it tasted very nice!! :D (Picture from PeiPei)
I was too tired that I complete my meals quickly and went back to sleep! Finally after 6hours, we reached Wuhan Airport. It was an open style airport where we have to take a bus to the customs to get our passport stamped. Also, the significant difference between Wuhan and Singapore is the WEATHER! Singapore is known for the hot weather while Wuhan’s weather is cooling and dry. It is a total different experience to be in Wuhan because of the Chinese culture and the living style that is different from Singapore. We then headed to the Wuchang University of Technology, where we will study, eat and stay at. We were brought to our hostels, rooms with our partner. We got our keys, settled down, familiarize with the rooms and our two lecturers, Dr Sujit and Ms Mikia, and along with Mr Vincent brought us to the nearby streets to allow us to tour around outside school area. Besides that, we bought China SIM/Prepaid Card that enables us to make phone calls at cheaper rates.

We got our dinner at a Chinese restaurant where I eat the ‘Beef PaoMo’ which basically has a beef soup and the ‘PaoMo’ is made of flour which you have to dip it into the beef soup and consumes it. I believe this is one of the specialties that are a ‘must-try’ food when you are in China. Other than the food, my roommates and I went to the supermarket to get some of the basic necessities like drinking water and pails for washing of clothing

Finally the first day ends after an online chat with my parents. Goodnights! J

No comments:

Post a Comment